External Crank Trigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External Crank Trigger?

1. When will more of these be coming in?
    2. I have 3500 heads but i want them ported/polished/etc. Can i send these into you and you can port them for me instead of buying ones from the store?

Thanx, Kyle

S...........L...........E...........E...........P...........E...........R

Still waiting to hear from marc on the triggers and other parts.

You certainly can send your heads in to be ported. I will be adding more options for porting on the new store that I am working on. I have to clean the motor and recommend milling the heads flat (even new stock heads aren't perfect) and new seals.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I asked in another thread (kind of old one), but this seemed more recent. Have you heard if any more crank triggers from TCE will be available and will it work on my Fiero 2.8 that I want to convert to DIS?

Comment

We will be shipping some more triggers to Ben in the next day or two. All the parts are machined, I just need to put the kits together and package them for shipping.
        MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
        '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
        http://www.tcemotorsports.com
        http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

Sweet, I need one real bad
          95 Corsica - 3500 swap
          PitbullHQ.com

Comment

Just wanted to be sure that these triggers can be used and will work to help convert my 2.8 Fiero to DIS (with the correct ecm of course).

Thanks

Comment

rjblaze.... IIRC the 2.8 Fiero uses the same pulley setup as a RWD. If so, this trigger setup will not work since it was designed for the FWD pulley setup. Perhaps someone else with more knowledge can jump in to clarify.
              MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
              '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5

Comment

The way I understand it, the Fiero 2.8 is actually a FWD engine. The starter is on the correct side for FWD and opposite the RWD 2.8's. How is the trigger wheel indexed with the crank. From what I can see, the appears to be a "double notch" at on location and single ones everywhere else. Is this index aligned with the original pulley timing mark? Does anyone know for sure if there is a difference between FWD and RWD crank pulleys?

Thanks

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

I don't know what the Fiero uses but I can show you the difference between the two setups. The FWD dampener has the pulley machined onto it while the RWD crank pulley is a seperate unit and is bolted to the dampener. The trigger setup was designed to be used with the FWD setup.

Here's a pic comparing a FWD dampener to a RWD dampener with a March underdrive pulley mounted on it.

What time frame do you have for your conversion? If you require a RWD setup and have some time, I am planning to make an underdrive RWD crank pulley with a built-in trigger wheel for Camaro/S10 owners to use for 3500 swaps or DIS conversions. Although I have the basic design finished, there are a few issues that have to be resolved before I make them.
                    MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
                    '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5

Comment

I have plenty of time. I am going to check my 2.8 out tonight to see what setup we actually use.....I just can't remember. You might want to consider a standard size pulley arrangement. I know I was never fond of underdrive pulleys unless the alternator was overdriven with a smaller pulley to keep up the rpm's for adequate charging....like March Power 'n Amp pulleys. I'll let you know what I really need. Thanks a bunch for the responses and help. Sometimes I think us Fiero guys are voodoo or something on this site, even tho' it is full of extremely useful information.

BTW, what sensor is used with these triggers? I didn't see one listed (or pictured) in the store under 3400's.
                      Last edited by rjblaze; 02-04-2008, 09:09 PM. Reason: forgot part of my original question

Comment

Do you have a pic of the RWD damper by itself. I appear to see a protruding flange below the crank pulley that appears to be the same thickness as your trigger wheel. I believe these are the three "spokes" that connect the inner to outer ring and contain the mounting holes for the crank pulley. Wouldn't it be easier to machine the damper flat, machine the center of your trigger a little to accept the pulleys center locating ring, and then sandwich the trigger wheel between the pulley and the damper? You might have to change the "webbing" around the center of your trigger to account for the pulley mounting holes.

Comment

The sensor is the 7X one used on 3100/3400 and probably the same as the 2.8/3.1 FWD aluminum head motors.
                          sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                          1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                          16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                          Original L82 Longblock
                          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                          Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

It definitely appears to be the right trigger wheel with the correctly spaced notches. The problem is mounting it between the damper and crank pulley on the Fiero's RWD style damper and pulley arrangement. It will bolt on to the front of a FWD combined damper/pulley with ease. I am trying to retrofit my Fiero 2.8 with the DIS setup without pulling the entire engine apart to replace the crank. Our blocks are not machined for the sensor either.

Comment

Hey CNCguy.....any luck with this.....do you know the diameter of the FWD HB/pulley arrangement? Our RWD-type HB's are 6 3/8" in diameter. What is the diameter of your trigger wheel?

Comment

Working...
                              X