3500 engine to trans brace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500 engine to trans brace?

thought about making these? i would buy one...

I don't understand what you mean by an engine to trans brace.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

The one that PCGUY had problems with, there are pictures in his thread I think. There is a metal brace and he had to drill out holes and one bolt hole doesn't line up at all and wasn't used. Bolts to the trans and engine.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

The metal bracket that goes from the engine block to the tranny, on the pass side of the car. You can only really get to it through the fenderwell...

At least this is how it is on the w-body with a 4t60e, other cars I can not be sure about.
        SpudFiles
        Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
        Theopia
        Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
        3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

i need one for a 4t45e though... a stronger part would allow less trans flex which would mean increased power capabilities and it would also help the power to be put down to the ground better

Comment

I'm not sure what the 4t45e uses, but the 4t60e is solid steel so I don't think it can get much stronger
            SpudFiles
            Theopia
            Enjoy life online.

3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

im sure it still flexes.... if you can bend it with a hammer it can deffinetly flex

Comment

You def can't bend it with a hammer, it's like 1/4" steel
                SpudFiles
                Theopia
                Enjoy life online.

Comment

yeah that plate is pretty heacy duty for its application... I dont see that getting bent/bending at all. If it bends that much you might wanna check your block to bellhousing bolts...
                  sigpic
                  1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
                  3400/Getrag 284 5spd
                  1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
                  350/NV3500 5spd
                  2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

then how did you modify yours pc? lol, thought thats one of the things you said, ohwell

still would be nice to have a direct swap mount

Comment

I may have said that at one point, but it was probably just my idea on what to do before I actually got to it.

I had my uncle (machinist) elongate every bolt hole the most possible without risking breaking it. Then (with great force) I wedged the bracket in there and got the bolts in. The bracket only wants to fit on 1 way and I had to pound it a bit to get it in there, then I had to use a fairly great amount of torque to get all of the bolts started and tightened down. All bolts are in aside from the very bottom one that goes into the oilpan, that one is just too far off to make work unless I welded a piece of steel onto the bracket and put a hole through it.

I need to take that tire off sometime soon to lube up the brake, if I can snap another pic I will.
                      SpudFiles
                      Theopia
                      Enjoy life online.

Comment

Working...
                      X